HEART BEEPING
>> 1.23.2011
I often like to listen to Bennett's heart when I tuck him in for bed. I like to compare it to Braxten's just ot make sure his pacemaker is keeping his rate up. To make it fun for him, I make up things for him that his heart is "beeping." For example, I might tell him his heart is beeping "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy" or "mommy, mommy, mommy." Sometimes he makes up what my heart is beeping too. We did this tonight after some arguing about being able to watch one more TV show before bed. After I settled Bennett in with some heart beeping stories I went to Braxten and put his hand on his chest to see if he could feel his heart. I said, "Can you feel it beeping?" And he said, "No, I feel it breaking into a million pieces." This because he couldn't watch another show. Wow. Rough life.
2011 will more than likely be the year Bennett gets his pacer replaced. I tell him he needs to get his batteries changed and he thinks that's "awesome!" We have a check up appointment in March and will see who much longer his current pacer will last. It's been a stellar device so far, making the first 4 years of his life brilliant! It will be such a relief to get through the first device replacement, likely sometime this summer. I dug up this a little photo from when his first pacer was placed, on the second day of his life. It's a good reminder to us all how very special he is. We love that little squirt so much!!




1 comments:
I too, love that little guy. I can't believe it's been 4 years. What a miracle baby he is. Give him kiss and hug for me.
Post a Comment